There’s a new look for the Peoria Historical Society. For the first time in 83 years, the Society has unveiled a new logo. It replicates the lower left portion of the old Peoria County Courthouse clock. The logo was designed by the Simantel Group and suggests movement through time.
The old Seth Thomas clock sat atop the courthouse that was built in 1878. After the courthouse was razed in the 1960s, it was well-traveled until it found a home at the Peoria Riverfront Museum in 2012. The Peoria Historical Society’s origins are older than the clock, dating to 1839.