An occupant inside a Peoria garage escaped injury early Monday morning when the structure caught fire.
The Peoria Fire Department responded to the blaze in the 1100 block of Glenwood, just north of the Bradley University campus, around 3 a.m. Officials say the garage was fully engulfed when first responders arrived.
The unidentified occupant was sleeping inside the garage when the fire broke out.
Officials say the garage and a van parked inside are a total loss. Damage is estimated at $40,000. Peoria Fire is investigating the incident.