You can support WCBU for a Lifetime.
Extend your generosity to WCBU through careful and thoughtful gift planning. We offer a number of ways for you to leave a lasting legacy for future generations of public radio listeners.
Everyone leaves a legacy, whether it is in the form of tangible property, family history, or an accomplishment that will inspire future generations.
Through thoughtful gift planning, your passion for WCBU and the mission of the station will continue to enhance the lives of central Illinois listeners for years to come. Several options make it possible for you to make a significant gift to the station while receiving tax benefits or life income.
Whether your estate is large or small, a legacy gift can be made by including WCBU in your will, by making the station a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, or by including WCBU as a beneficiary of your trust. Your gift will be used to support the station in perpetuity.
How to include WCBU in your Will or Trust
The most frequently asked question is "How should the station be referred to in my will?" The answer is "I hereby give, devise, and bequeath to WCBU at Illinois State University Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation located in Normal, Illinois,…”
Choose one of the following
- ____ percent of the residue of my estate,
- The sum of $____,
- All of my interest in the following described property: ____,
- To be used for the area of greatest need at the time the gift is received.
- To be used for the benefit of WCBU.
- To be used for the purpose of general operating support.
- To be used in accordance with the terms of a signed Administrative Agreement on file at the Illinois State University Foundation at the time of my death.
You may wish to provide this information to the attorney who prepares your will/trust. Please contact the ISU Foundation for specific bequest or endowment language
You can get additional information by visiting the Illinois State University Planned Giving Site.