Hundreds of community-minded companies operating in the WCBU listening area are happy to match their employees' or retirees' contributions to WCBU. These matching corporate contributions go straight to work with your individual support: helping to pay for WCBU's quality program service.
How Do Matching Gifts Work?
Once you determine your employer will match your gift to WCBU, you will need to apply for the match. Some employers provide a paper application form for you to fill out and submit to WCBU along with your contribution. However, most employers have an online facility for matching gift requests. Your employer's Human Resources or Community Relations office can direct you to the correct website for your employer's matching gift process or, if required, supply a paper application form.
To ensure your gift is matched and the funds are designated to WCBU, please identify the recipient organization as Illinois State University Foundation/Friends of WCBU.
Once your online or paper application is in place and we're able to verify we've received your contribution, we will request your employer's matching gift.
Does My Company Match?
You can search our list of matching gift companies to see if yours is one of them.
Still not sure? Just email your question to WCBU Contributor Services or call us at (309) 438-3581. We will be happy find out for you.
Caterpillar Employees and Retirees
All Caterpillar matching gift requests must be submitted online through the Foundation’s website. Please follow these steps:
- Go to the Caterpillar Matching Gift web site. Once loaded, click the "Go to Web Site" button.
- On Employee Log In page, first time users need to “Create a Password.” Existing users need to log in (NOTE: User ID=7-digit People Soft Number)
- Read through Program Guidelines to make sure your gift is eligible; choose “I Accept”
- On Search for Organization page, type “Bradley University” and choose “Illinois” then “Search”
- On Search Results page, choose “Select” to the right of “Bradley University” “Development Office”
- On Donor Matching Gift Information page, fill in fields for Gift Date, Gift Amount & Payment Method. Choose “Save and Proceed”
- On Review Information page, verify the information is correct and choose “Submit”
- On Submission successful page choose “Print Match Request for NonProfit” to mail it to Bradley University, 1501 W Bradley Ave, Peoria IL 61625 OR choose “Email Match Request to Non-Profit” and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scroll down, choose “Preview” and then “Send”
*** If you do NOT have an email address, please call the Foundation at (309) 675-1475 for assistance.
Ongoing Monthly Contributors
We suggest you wait until the end of each calendar year to apply for your employer's matching gift. This will allow you to apply once for the total amount of your giving for that calendar year. Many sustaining contributors use their year end tax receipt from the Illinois State University Foundation as a reminder to apply for their employer's matching gift. Year end tax receipts are mailed every January.
Did You Make A Credit Card Contribution Online or Over The Phone?
You can still see that your generous contribution is matched. Submit your employer's online matching gift request or fill out your employer's paper matching gift form and mail to:
Friends of WCBU
8910 Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-8910
Thanks for supporting WCBU!