https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13UoLG4assM Updated at 12:25 p.m. ET Search and rescue teams worked through the night in Florida to find people who need help, after Hurricane Michael hit the Panhandle as a historic Category 4 storm on Wednesday. Nearly 400,000 electricity accounts had lost power in Florida as of noon ET Thursday . Michael wrecked buildings and tore down trees in Panama City and nearby towns. The city of Tallahassee, known for its extensive tree canopy, says "thousands of...
Voters this fall are choosing who will occupy the state’s two financial offices: treasurer and comptroller. Even during campaigns, these positions rarely get much attention. In fact, their very existence usually comes into question in proposals to merge the offices into one. Years ago, one person was in charge. It all changed after a massive scandal filled with fast moves, fancy cars and fraud tarnished state government moneyhandling forever. Listen as Sam Dunklau explains the origin of the Treasurer-Comptroller consolidation debate.
- Rare Cases of Nervous System Disorders Reported
- Illinois Releases $14 Million for State Park Upgrades
- Sister Jean Wins Illinois Senior Hall of Fame Award
- State Week: One More Debate and Four More Weeks Until Election Day
- Climate Change in Illinois Means Frequent Flooding Could Be Normal Within A Decade
It's hard to make time for history books when there is so much history crashing down on us every single day — and especially when that history is divisive, aggressive and seemingly never-ending. Case in point: This book review was due a week ago. Rather than finish this assignment, I spent the week in Senate hallways and hearing rooms, watching in real time as the most contentious Supreme Court confirmation in a generation turned into a national flashpoint on sexual assault and gender...
- 'Quite Something': Kanye West Makes A Statement In The Oval Office
- Human Retinas Grown In A Dish Reveal Origin Of Color Vision
- Search and Rescue Efforts In Indonesia To Wind Down, With Thousands Still Missing
- How Notions Of Sex, Power And Consent Are Changing On College Campuses
- US Stocks Down Sharply 2 Days In A Row