In the wake of the #metoo movement and the spotlight on assault allegations againstJudge Brett Kavanaugh, more states — including Illinois — are rethinking how sex education should be taught in public schools.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency is asking the Attorney General’s office to temporarily shut down a Chicago-area chemical plant. The agency says that plant is releasing an illegal amount of cancer-causing fumes into the air. Listen to a summary of the story. The plant, owned by medical company Sterigenics, uses a chemical called ethylene oxide to sterilize medical equipment. A recent federal report showed long term exposure to that chemical is known to cause cancer, and the...
When she was in graduate school for public health, Niasha Fray found a job she loved: counseling women with breast cancer about sticking to their treatment. She offered what's called "motivational interviewing," a type of therapy intended to help women overcome obstacles keeping them from taking their medications — which can have unpleasant side effects "They had just given up so much of their lives, so much of their bodies, so much of their family," Fray says. "They wanted to get back to...
- Opinion: How China Challenges America's World Leadership
- The Finalists For The 2018 National Book Awards
- Oysters On The Half Shell Are Actually Saving New York's Eroding Harbor
- Giraffes Inherit Spot Patterns From Their Mamas, Study Says
- For Some Americans, Jerusalem's Newest Pilgrimage Site Is The U.S. Embassy