Tobacco sales in Illinois will soon be off-limits to anyone younger than 21 under a law signed Sunday by Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
Every baby born in Illinois could get a tiny college savings account under a plan that passed the state House of Representatives Wednesday. The proposal comes from the state treasurer’s office, as a way to encourage families to start planning for their children's college education. Beginning in 2021, each baby born or adopted in Illinois would automatically receive a 529 college savings account with $50 deposited by the treasurer's office.
- Illinois Proposal Targets Hard-To-Reach Communities For 2020 Census
- Advocates Seek Increase In Child Care Program Eligibility
- Tobacco Purchase Age In Illinois Going From 18 To 21 This Summer
- Statewide: Gas Tax Hike Proposed; Finding Perspective Through Adversity
- Illinois Weighs Parental Notification Of Abortion Law Again
Sneezing, runny nose, congestion, or irritated eyes? Yes, we hear you: The misery of seasonal allergies is real. A lot of people find temporary relief with over-the-counter medications, but these don't treat the cause. As we head into grass pollen season over the next few months, here's an option to consider: Many allergists now prescribe immunotherapy tablets, which work in the same way as allergy shots, to some of their patients with grass allergies. But unlike allergy shots, which require...
- Federal Judge Blocks Trump Administration Policy Of Sending Asylum Seekers To Mexico
- U.K. Regulators Propose Broad Social Media Regulations To Counter 'Online Harms'
- California Rep. Eric Swalwell Is Running For President, Too, With A Focus on Guns
- Trump Administration Kills Baseball Deal With Cuba
- How HHS Secretary Alex Azar Reconciles Medicaid Cuts With Stopping The Spread Of HIV
Out and About
- "The Marty Monologues" Return to the Apollo Theater
- New "Peoria Magazine" Will Cover Business, Arts in Peoria Region
- Peoria Ballet Opens Its Production of "Alice in Wonderland" and "Paquita"
- Bradley International Print and Drawing Exhibition Returns to Venues Across Peoria
- Peoria Players Opens Its Production of "Dreamgirls"