Bradley University is ending its daily operation of WCBU. WGLT, the public radio station operated by Illinois State University in Normal, will manage Peoria Public Radio's operations. Bradley University and Illinois State University announced the five-year management and programming agreement Thursday, April 18.
Politicians spearheading the effort to legalize recreational marijuana say revenue isn't the driving force. It's about promoting criminal and social justice for people of color who have been unfairly targeted by the war on drugs. But, prominent activists from minority communities question whether these lofty goals are possible.
Attorney General William Barr has released a redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election to Congress and the public. The special counsel spent nearly two years investigating attacks on the 2016 presidential election and whether the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians behind it. » Read the roughly 400-page report. Mueller also was tasked with looking into "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."...
- Federal Appeals Panel Upholds California 'Sanctuary State' Law
- The U.S. Now Ranks As A 'Problematic' Place For Journalists
- 'This Is Morally Wrong': Biden Supports Striking Massachusetts Grocery Workers
- 'Concreteberg' The Size Of A Blue Whale Plagues London's Sewers
- Washington State Senate Passes Bill Removing Exemption For Measles Vaccine
Out and About
- Coffeehouse Sessions Offer Live Music Experience at Rock Solid Studios
- "The Marty Monologues" Return to the Apollo Theater
- New "Peoria Magazine" Will Cover Business, Arts in Peoria Region
- Peoria Ballet Opens Its Production of "Alice in Wonderland" and "Paquita"
- Bradley International Print and Drawing Exhibition Returns to Venues Across Peoria