It's been nearly a year since many musicians have performed live. The loss of live energy and fan enthusiasm has been a big struggle.
Palestine Howze died April 14, 2020, in a North Carolina nursing home. She had developed a pressure ulcer — or bed sore as they're commonly known. It flared up in December 2018 and just grew worse, says her daughter Lisa Howze. Infection set in. "We begged them to take her to the emergency room, but they assured us that they could handle it," Howze says. Howze and her three sisters contend that the nursing home could not. In their experience, Treyburn Rehabilitation Center in Durham didn't...
- Tax Abatement Program Deferred to Inform Residents of Removal from TIF District
- Peoria County Coroner Halts Use Of Mobile Morgue
- Active COVID-19 Cases In Tri-County Area Fall For 2nd Straight Day
- Stark County Schools Vaccinate Most Staff Against COVID-19
- For The Blank Stairs, Pandemic Sparks New Opportunity For Musical Creativity
Out and About
- HFO Returns This Spring And Summer With Live And Streaming Concerts
- Michelle Areyzaga Joins The PSO For “Curtains Up! A Broadway Matinee”
- Soulside Healing Arts Presents WellFest
- Shop Local And Support Artists At A Small Wonder Gift Shop
- Peoria Ballet Keeps Holiday Tradition Alive With The Nutcracker