A state lawmaker is using Rivian to attack a plan to raise electric-vehicle registration fees to fund part of a massive infrastructure spending program.
- Affordable Housing Advocates Want $1bn From Capital Plan
- Should Illinois Gun Owners Be Fingerprinted?
- Anti-Abortion-Rights Groups Push GOP To Rethink Rape And Incest Exceptions
- Solar Energy Companies Want Further Expansion Of Community Solar In Illinois
- Longtime Rockford Register Star Columnist, Political Editor Chuck Sweeny Dead At 70
The measles outbreak got so bad in Manila, Philippines, that San Lazaro Hospital had to set up tents in the parking lot, the courtyard and even the landing at the top of the stairs outside the pediatric ward to house patients. "This ward would only accommodate 50 patients," says Dr. Ferdinand de Guzman, the head of family medicine at the hospital. "But at the height of the outbreak, [there were] 300 patients per ward." He says that at one point in February, there were three patients per bed...
- Why Suburban Moms Are Delivering Your Groceries
- 47 States Call On Betsy Devos To Forgive Student Loans For Disabled Veterans
- President Trump Arrives In Japan For Inaugural State Visit Under New Emperor
- Rolling To A Halt: Memorial Day Motorcycle Rally Ends 30-Year Tradition
- In Rural West Texas, Illegal Border Crossings Are Routine For U.S. Citizens