Illinois 4th District Appellate Court is allowing Illinois' Firearm Owners Identification Act to stand.
It's been 50 years since Chicago police officers shot and killed Illinois Black Panther Party Chairman Fred Hampton as he lay in bed at his West Side home, but his legacy still looms large in Chicago. Reset sat down with attorney Jeff Haas, who represented Hampton and other Black Panthers at the People's Law Office, to discuss Hampton's life and the lasting impacts of his work. On Hampton's rise to power in the Black Panther Party Jeff Haas: Fred was a dynamic young leader. He ... was a...
- U of I System Moves, But Doesn’t ‘Ban The Box’ On Applications
- Pritzker Campaign Seeks Sanctions Against Plaintiffs In Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
- Subterfuge In The City: How Illinois Helped Create The Nuclear Age
- Gun Ownership Case Asks IL Supreme Court: Can A Convict Ever Own A Gun?
- Rep. Davis Calls On Pelosi To Bring USMCA Trade Deal For Vote
As the impeachment inquiry against President Trump continues its march through Congress, questions are churning around his secretary of state, Mike Pompeo. For example, did he know, as witnesses testified before House investigators, that President Trump sought political favors from Ukraine in exchange for millions in U.S. assistance? Why did he take days to reveal he was on the now infamous July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy? And does he believe allies of...