Updated at 11:09 a.m. ET Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, tied President Trump directly to conditioning a meeting with the Ukrainian president with "a public statement from President Zelensky committing to investigations of Burisma and the 2016 election." "Mr. Giuliani expressed those requests directly to the Ukrainians," Sondland said in his opening statement at the public impeachment hearings on Wednesday. "Mr. Giuliani also expressed those requests directly to us...
Governor J.B. Pritzker shot down the suggestion of amending the Illinois Constitution to address the state's public pension funding deficit.
- Durbin Promotes Yearly Automatic Funding Increases For Science Research
- Once A Skeptic, Congressman Rodney Davis Embraces Trump
- Study Suggests Some Political Conflict Is Good For Local Government
- As Illinois Prepares To Legalize Pot, Public Housing Tenants Not Allowed To Partake
- New Illinois Policy Bans Prisoners From Receiving Content Downloaded From The Internet
The shale oil boom that catapulted the U.S. into being the world's largest oil producer may be going bust. Oil prices are dropping amid weakening demand, bankruptcies and layoffs are up, and drilling is down — signs of a crisis that's quietly roiling the industry. Some of the most successful companies in the oil business are household names — think Exxon Mobil or Chevron. But the boom in shale drilling has been driven by smaller, independent operators. These companies have pushed the limits...
- French Debate Extending Ban On Muslim Headscarf
- 'He Helped Save People And You Killed Him': Iraqi Dad Mourns Son Killed In Protests
- Former U.K. Consulate Staffer In Hong Kong Says He Was Tortured In Mainland China
- As Oil Prices Drop And Money Dries Up, Is The U.S. Shale Boom Going Bust?
- Get Caught Up: Key Takeaways From Tuesday's Impeachment Hearing
- Judge To Hear Closing Arguments In Murder Trial Of Jose Ramirez
- Pritzker Shoots Down Constitutional Amendment to Address Pension Liability
- EP Council Appears to Compromise on Firefighter Contract
- New Extended Stay Hotel Planned in East Peoria
- Peoria Made Features Retail Incubator, Downtown Visitor's Center