Washington is now a Walldogs mural community.
It was only a matter a time that recent events caused someone to focus in on Illinois State Capitol statues dedicated to those with racist pasts. Now, Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan is calling for the removal of two statues sitting outside the State Capitol and a portrait inside the chamber of the Illinois House. Madigan issued a statement calling for the removal of a portrait and statue of Stephen A. Douglas, who defeated Abraham Lincoln in the 1858 U.S. election, marked by the...
- Coronavirus World Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Outbreak
- Tracking The Pandemic: Are Coronavirus Cases Rising Or Falling In Your State?
- How 6 Problem-Solvers Tackled Pandemic Challenges In Their Neighborhoods
- You Haven't Heard The Last Of Iowa This Election Cycle
- Trump Wears Mask In Public For First Time During Walter Reed Visit
In a survey of Americans' attitudes toward law enforcement, two-thirds of respondents said that individual officers should be held legally accountable for using excessive force, but few of those polled said they would support cutting police budgets. Unsurprisingly, however, the results of the survey conducted by the Pew Research Center were significantly skewed by the race and political persuasion of those answering the questions. The poll, conducted from June 16-22, took the temperature amid...