A 30-year-old man is in serious but stable condition after he was shot multiple times near the Harrison Homes on Peoria's South Side.
Legislation adopted this spring aims to chip away at the growing problem of college student hunger in Illinois. Under that measure, the Illinois Student Assistance Commission could soon have to notify students of their eligibility for food assistance. The measure would target people eligible for the Monetary Assistance Program, which provides grants for lower-income students. They would have to be told they might be eligible for thefood aid know as SNAP — the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance...
The gun believed to have been used by Dutch painter Vincent Van Gogh to take his own life was sold at the Drouot auction house in Paris. The unnamed buyer bought the corroded 7mm caliber Lefaucheux revolver for about $182,000. The gun's trigger is pulled back, frozen in place, some think cementing the moment in which it would have dropped from Van Gogh's grasp. Its purchase has reignited the debate over whether Van Gogh died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. In 1960, the weapon was found...
- What Dropping 17,000 Wallets Around The Globe Can Teach Us About Honesty
- Former Interpol President Pleads Guilty To Bribery In Chinese Court
- For Those Missing Puerto Rico, A Song About Dreaming Of Home
- Legal Weed Is A Danger To Dogs. Here's How To Know If Your Pup Got Into Pot
- When There's No Doctor Nearby, Volunteers Help Rural Patients Manage Chronic Illness
- Pritzker Moves To Get Accurate Illinois Headcount for 2020 Census
- Man Shot Multiple Times Near Harrison Homes
- Downtown Advisory Commission Chair Urges Experimentation With New Ideas on Riverfront
- What Do Peoria Entrepreneurs Need to Jump Start Their Businesses?
- It's Too Late To Plant Corn, But Illinois Farmers Can Still Grow Hemp