Gov. J.B. Pritzker has authorized state licensing of firearms dealers after his Republican predecessor rejected the idea.
Updated at 6:57 p.m. ET President Trump appears to be retaliating against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for suggesting he postpone his State of the Union address amid the ongoing partial government shutdown by postponing at the last minute her planned trip to Afghanistan. "We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally...
- Defying Trump Administration, Calif. Offers Federal Workers Unemployment Benefits
- Former Chicago Cop Jason Van Dyke To Be Sentenced For Laquan McDonald Murder
- Attempts To Make Shutdown 'Painless' May Stretch Limits Of Federal Law
- Federal Shutdown Has Meant Steep Health Bills For Some Families
- With Higher Stakes In The Abortion Debate, Activists March On Washington
Out and About
- HFO Greets 2019 with a Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald
- 22VA Art Exhibit Showcases Art By Veterans, Calls Attention to Veteran Suicides
- Nitsch Theatre Arts Offers Unique Performance Experience for Students
- Peoria Players Theatre Presents "Christmas One-Acts"
- "Sing It Yourself Messiah" Returns to First Federated Church