Four years ago, Chris Miner decided to apply to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Then 40-years-old, Miner was encouraged to apply by a counselor at the community college he attended. He was told he was a shoe-in. He sat down at his computer and started the application. But then Miner faced this question: Have you ever been convicted of a crime? “I just sat there and stared at the screen for like 10 minutes,” he said. “It was like everything, every advancement I had made so far...
- Illinois Investment Board Says Airbnb West Bank Action is Illegal
- Student Guide to Illinois Governor's Mansion Released
- Why Illinois Won’t ‘Ban The Box’ On College Applications
- Former Chicago DEA Agent Charged with Trafficking Guns and Drugs
- Suburban Chicago Boy Charged with Threatening School Shooting
Democratic Republic of the Congo is set to hold long-awaited elections on Dec. 23, despite a fire that has destroyed many of the voting machines and materials meant for the capital Kinshasa. A presidential adviser blamed Thursday's fire on criminals. The head of the election commission said the equipment will be replaced by surplus materials in other parts of the country and the vote will continue on schedule. Despite concerns over the vote, Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila said...
- Health Costs Bear Down On Families Who Don't Qualify For ACA Subsidies
- Nancy Wilson, Legendary Vocalist And NPR 'Jazz Profiles' Host, Dies At 81
- ACA Sign-Ups Have Lagged For 2019. But What Does That Mean?
- Here Are The 'Outside The Box' Progressive Ideas 2020 Democrats Are Pitching
- Florida Executes Inmate As Report Cites 'Continuing Erosion' Of Death Penalty
Out and About
- "Sing It Yourself Messiah" Returns to First Federated Church
- Community Festival of Nativities on Display Through Sunday
- Rodin, Peoria Players and Disney On Display at Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Bradley Community Chorus and Symphony Orchestra Present a Concert of Sacred Music this Weekend
- Bradley University Theatre Blends Real and Fantasy Worlds With "She Kills Monsters"