Two people died and two others were seriously injured Wednesday night when a semitrailer truck on Interstate 74 crashed head-on into a school bus carrying Normal West girls basketball players back from a game in Champaign. None of the students were critically injured.
Solar panels will be a required feature on new houses in California, after the state's Building Standards Commission gave final approval to a housing rule that's the first of its kind in the United States. Set to take effect in 2020, the new standard includes an exemption for houses that are often shaded from the sun. It also includes incentives for people to add a high-capacity battery to their home's electrical system, to store the sun's energy. "These provisions really are historic and...
- Job Market Looks Healthy Despite Other Signs Of Trouble For The Economy
- N.C. GOP Leader Open To New Election As Fraud Investigation Continues
- U.S. Catholic Priest Charged With Sexually Abusing Boys In Philippines
- Prosecutors File First U.S. Charges Stemming From 2016 Panama Papers Leak
- Census Bureau To Test How Controversial Citizenship Question Affects Responses
Out and About
- Community Festival of Nativities on Display Through Sunday
- Rodin, Peoria Players and Disney On Display at Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Bradley Community Chorus and Symphony Orchestra Present a Concert of Sacred Music this Weekend
- Bradley University Theatre Blends Real and Fantasy Worlds With "She Kills Monsters"
- Eureka College Student Premieres New Play