Governor Bruce Rauner was a speaker at the annual Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce Conference in East Peoria Wednesday. He asked the conference attendees to remember all he’s done for minority-owned businesses when they vote in November, citing a list of achievements for the advancement of black owned-business. “We’ve done historic things to help black-owned businesses. We’ve cut the L-L-C fees costs. We’ve cut red tape in regulations. We’ve created a mentoring program statewide. We’ve...
Two of Illinois’s regional superintendents were recently tasked with recommending ways the state can funnel new money to schools for at-risk students, and other alternative school programs. Gregg Murphy, superintendent for the Regional Office of Education 32, which covers Iroquois and Kankakee counties, and Julie Wollerman, superintendent forthe Regional Office of Education 3, which includes multiple counties in central and southern Illinois, were appointed to represent the Illinois...
The legal fight over the controversial citizenship question on the 2020 census is likely to continue at San Francisco federal court. "I believe the case will proceed," U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg said Friday during a hearing on whether to dismiss two of the lawsuits against the Census Bureau and the Commerce Department, which oversees the census. Seeborg did not issue a formal ruling from the bench, but he pushed back on many of the Justice Department attorneys' arguments in support...
- In Parts Of California Blanketed With Wildfire Smoke, Breathing Is 'A Chore'
- Judge Pleased With Government Effort But Hundreds Of Children Still In Custody
- Perseid Meteor Shower Peaks This Weekend — Just Look Up
- Trump May Cut Suspended Aid To Palestinians Soon
- Census Citizenship Question Lawsuits In California Likely To Proceed, Judge Says
Out and About
- Ignite! Peoria Seeks to Spark Creativity This Weekend
- Regional Premiere of "Newsies" Coming to Corn Stock Theatre
- Peoria Playhouse Hosts Artist in Residence to Create Original Work of Art
- Illinois Art League Features the Work of its Members in New Exhibit
- "Mythic Creatures" Come to Life in Riverfront Museum Exhibit