Non-profit hospitals in Illinois will still get to avoid paying property taxes. That’s after a ruling Thursday by the Illinois Supreme Court.
Some experts say black women may bear the brunt if union membership declines or financial support lessens as a result of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Janus v. AFSCME, which decreed that public sector unions can no longer force workers they represent to pay fees in lieu of union dues. But conservative groups say the cost is justified to protect workers' free speech rights.
Russia's influence campaign on Twitter pushed pro-gun and pro-National Rifle Association messages during the 2016 election and beyond — a rare example of consistency in a scheme that mostly sought to play up extremes on the left and right. On every issue, from race to health care, women's rights to police brutality, gay marriage to global warming, accounts associated with the Internet Research Agency sought to amplify controversy by playing up conflict. Except when it came to guns and the NRA...
- A Timeline Of Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill Controversy As Kavanaugh To Face Accuser
- China And Vatican Sign Agreement On Appointment Of Bishops
- Comcast Outbids Fox And Will Acquire British Broadcaster Sky
- Trump Administration Will Seek To Limit Green Cards For Immigrants Needing Public Aid
- Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Will Testify To Senate Panel, Lawyers Say