https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13UoLG4assM Updated at 4:55 a.m. ET Tropical Storm Michael rampaged through South Carolina, North Carolina and finally southeastern Virginia on Thursday, before heading for the Atlantic Ocean. The storm's traveling speed accelerated to 29 mph by evening, according to the National Hurricane Center, with winds of 65 mph. A storm surge watch remained in effect from Ocracoke Inlet, N.C., to Duck, N.C. The hurricane center said life-threatening winds and flash...
Voters this fall are choosing who will occupy the state’s two financial offices: treasurer and comptroller. Even during campaigns, these positions rarely get much attention. In fact, their very existence usually comes into question in proposals to merge the offices into one. Years ago, one person was in charge. It all changed after a massive scandal filled with fast moves, fancy cars and fraud tarnished state government moneyhandling forever. Listen as Sam Dunklau explains the origin of the Treasurer-Comptroller consolidation debate.
- Rare Cases of Nervous System Disorders Reported
- Illinois Releases $14 Million for State Park Upgrades
- Sister Jean Wins Illinois Senior Hall of Fame Award
- State Week: One More Debate and Four More Weeks Until Election Day
- Climate Change in Illinois Means Frequent Flooding Could Be Normal Within A Decade
It's hard to make time for history books when there is so much history crashing down on us every single day — and especially when that history is divisive, aggressive and seemingly never-ending. Case in point: This book review was due a week ago. Rather than finish this assignment, I spent the week in Senate hallways and hearing rooms, watching in real time as the most contentious Supreme Court confirmation in a generation turned into a national flashpoint on sexual assault and gender...
- Following Crash, All F-35s Temporarily Grounded For Inspections
- No Longer Daily, White House Press Briefings Fade As Trump Does The Talking
- Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How
- McConnell Warns Of 'Scary Prospect' If GOP Loses Senate Control In Midterms
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Faces Increasing Scrutiny As Crises Mount