Minority employment in the Peoria Police and Fire Departments is falling behind established goals. Three years ago, the city council set a target of 38 and 39-percent minority officers in each department respectively by the year 2025. Only 18.3-percent of the police force currently comes from minority groups. Police Chief Loren Marion says there are a limited number of qualified minorities applying to the department. One example he says it that 32 African American male applicants this past...
CHICAGO - Illinois' attorney general is suing the operators of Trump International Hotel and Tower for removing water from and releasing water into the Chicago River in violation of federal environmental laws.
Just days after President Trump tweeted his decision to double tariffs on Turkish steel and aluminum, Turkey has announced that it, too, is ratcheting up retaliatory tariffs. "Tax rates on imports of some products have been increased on a reciprocal basis against the U.S. administration's deliberate attacks on our economy," the country's vice president, Fuat Oktay, said in a pair of tweets . The order published in Turkey's official gazette and signed by its strongman president, Recep Tayyip...
- Walmart And Others Offer Workers Payday Loan Alternative
- Babies Born Dependent On Opioids Need Touch, Not Tech
- Senate Democrats Threaten Lawsuit Over Kavanaugh Documents
- Pope Francis Expresses 'Shame And Sorrow' Over Pennsylvania Abuse Allegations
- Muslim Woman Who Refused Handshake And Then Suffered Discrimination Wins Court Case
Out and About
- Ignite! Peoria Seeks to Spark Creativity This Weekend
- Regional Premiere of "Newsies" Coming to Corn Stock Theatre
- Peoria Playhouse Hosts Artist in Residence to Create Original Work of Art
- Illinois Art League Features the Work of its Members in New Exhibit
- "Mythic Creatures" Come to Life in Riverfront Museum Exhibit