The father of the former Morton man accused in a deadly Nashville mass shooting is facing a gun charge in Tazewell County. Jeffrey Reinking of Morton is charged with Unlawful Delivery of a Firearm, a class four felony. State’s attorney Stewart Umholtz filed the charges Thursday.
Hear the story here. The Illinois House Wednesday approved a plan that would require k-12 history textbooks to include LGBTQ figures. Rep. Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz, a Glenview Democrat and supporter of the bill, says if it had been law 15 years ago, her brother would not have been denied tenure in a suburban Chicago public school for his decision to talk about sexuality with his students. “He was subjected to hate mail and called into the principal's office to explain why he answered a...
Updated at 1:26 p.m. ET Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke is running for president, hoping to build on the momentum the Democrat generated in a Senate contest last year. In a video released in the early hours of Thursday morning, with his wife Amy by his side, O'Rourke announced, "This is a defining moment of truth for this country," adding what appears will be the focus of his campaign, "the interconnected crisis in our economy, our democracy, and our climate have never been greater." O'Rourke...
- Police Officer Can't Pull Over Driver For Giving Him The Finger, Court Rules
- Building Teens Into Strong Readers — By Letting Them Teach
- From Triumph To Tragedy, 'First' Tells Story Of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
- Trump Administration Cuts The Size Of Fines For Health Violations In Nursing Homes
- Committee Probe Of Trump Organization Could Derail Infrastructure Talks