Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke is calling for a new investigation into sex abuse in the Catholic Church. Church authorities are doing just that, but Burke says the matter cannot be left to the Catholic heirarchy.
After his State of the University speech, Western Illinois University President Jack Thomas told reporters, "We have made cuts and we will have to continue to make those cuts and we will do the necessary things that we have to do."
- Festivals, Parades to Mark Illinois' 200th Constitution Day
- Local GOP Picks Disgraced Illinois Lawmaker's Replacement
- Police Say Chicago Teen Killed Himself; Family Denies Story
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice Says Government, Not Church, Should Investigate Catholic Sex Abuse
- New Law To Address Police Officers' Mental Health
As a nation, we could do a better job at taking time off. About half of full-time workers recently surveyed by the U.S. Travel Association didn't take all the paid vacation days they earned last year. More than 700 million vacation days went unused, and we forfeited about 200 million of those days — when vacation benefits didn't roll over. On average, American workers took almost six fewer vacation days than we earned. If you're among this group, you could be missing out on some of the...
- Paul Manafort Jury Asks For Instructions About Consensus On 1 Charge
- Survivor Of Acid Attack Helps Bring Change To Nepal's Criminal Code
- Poll: Most Americans Know About Opioid Antidote And Are Willing To Use It
- Remembrance of Scandals Past: Trump Cues Up Memories of John Dean, Joseph McCarthy
- For Cervical Cancer Screening, Women Over 30 Can Now Choose The HPV Test Only
Out and About
- New Exhibits on Display at Wheels O' Time Museum
- Ignite! Peoria Seeks to Spark Creativity This Weekend
- Regional Premiere of "Newsies" Coming to Corn Stock Theatre
- Peoria Playhouse Hosts Artist in Residence to Create Original Work of Art
- Illinois Art League Features the Work of its Members in New Exhibit