CHICAGO - Former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock's public corruption case is now scheduled for June in federal court in Chicago.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency is asking the Attorney General’s office to temporarily shut down a Chicago-area chemical plant. The agency says that plant is releasing an illegal amount of cancer-causing fumes into the air. Listen to a summary of the story. The plant, owned by medical company Sterigenics, uses a chemical called ethylene oxide to sterilize medical equipment. A recent federal report showed long term exposure to that chemical is known to cause cancer, and the...
As a specialist in Alzheimer's prevention, Jessica Langbaum knows that exercising her mental muscles can help keep her brain sharp. But Langbaum , who holds a doctorate in psychiatric epidemiology, has no formal mental fitness program. She doesn't do crossword puzzles or play computer brain games. "Just sitting down and doing Sudoku isn't probably going to be the one key thing that's going to prevent you from developing Alzheimer's disease," she says. Instead of using a formal brain training...
- Columbus, Ohio, Is Not Observing Columbus Day This Year
- A New Chinese-Funded Railway In Kenya Sparks Debt-Trap Fears
- How A 19th Century Chemist Took On The Food Industry With A Grisly Experiment
- Hurricane Michael Forecast To Hit U.S. Gulf Coast As A Major Storm Wednesday
- Interpol President Resigns; Detained In China Over Bribery Charges