TREMONT - One of five missing Marines declared dead after their refueling plane collided with a fighter jet last week off Japan's southern coast was from Tremont.
The push to legalize recreational marijuana in Illinois could get a jump-start early next year. State Sen. Heather Steans, a Chicago Democrat, said this week she plans to introduce legislation early next year to tax and regulate the use and sale of marijuana. Incoming Democratic governor J.B. Pritzker campaigned on a pro-legalization platform, and House Speaker Michael Madigan has expressed support for Pritzker’s plan. Democrats control both chambers of the state legislature. At a recent News...
Lawmakers unveiled the much-anticipated farm bill compromise Monday night, ending the months-long impasse over whether a critical piece of legislation that provides subsidies to farmers and helps needy Americans buy groceries could pass before the lame-duck session concludes at the end of the year. The agreement was reached after a proposal — backed by House Republicans and President Trump — to add stricter work requirements for those who receive food stamps was taken off the table. The...
- Apple Will Build $1 Billion Campus in Austin, Adding 5,000 Jobs
- The Bitter Boom-And-Bust Tale Of Colorado's Bet On Local Beer Hops
- Does More Federal Aid Raise Tuition Costs? Not For Most Students, Research Says
- Judges Ask ICE to Make Courts Off Limits To Immigration Arrests
- As Election Fraud Probe Centers On N.C.'s 9th District, A Cynical Cloud Settles In
Out and About
- "Sing It Yourself Messiah" Returns to First Federated Church
- Community Festival of Nativities on Display Through Sunday
- Rodin, Peoria Players and Disney On Display at Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Bradley Community Chorus and Symphony Orchestra Present a Concert of Sacred Music this Weekend
- Bradley University Theatre Blends Real and Fantasy Worlds With "She Kills Monsters"