People withdisabilities in Illinois said a recent change in state law is endangering their lives. The law limits their home-caregivers to working 45 hours a week, but they saythat’s not nearly enough.
Illinois gas prices are higher than this time last year. Statewide prices are at an average of $2.82 per gallon. This is down from last month, but about 30 cents more expensive than October 2017. AAA spokesperson Beth Mosher says there are a number of economic factors involved. “This fall, Illinois saw a number of issues from local refineries, which pushed prices higher. Also, supply and demand have been affecting prices quite a bit this fall,” she said. AAA forecasters expect prices to fall...
- AAA Reports Illinois Gas Prices Higher Than Last Year
- U Of I Law Students Demand Resignation Of Professor Accused Of Sexual Harassment
- Putting The Brakes On: Transportation Department Rolls Back Oil Train Regulation
- Disability Advocates Call For Change To Caregiver Overtime Law
- State Board Recommends Changes to Teacher Licensing
Updated at 2:13 p.m. ET Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor says she has been diagnosed with "the beginning stages of dementia, probably Alzheimer's disease," in an open letter that was released Tuesday. O'Connor, 88, is the first woman to serve on the high court and has remained active since retiring in 2006. She left the court to care for her husband, John, after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Now, O'Connor says, her condition is forcing her to withdraw from public life. ...
- FACT CHECK: President Trump's False Claims On Migrant Caravan, Tax Cuts
- Bolton Affirms U.S. Intent To Pull Out Of Arms Treaty With Russia
- Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says
- California Judge Cuts Award To $78.5 Million In Monsanto Weedkiller Case
- Man Sentenced In Germany For Poisoned Baby Food Scheme
Out and About
- Jason Vieaux Joins HFO for "Guitar Classic" This Weekend
- Peoria Big Picture Comes to the Warehouse District with Street Art, Film Festival
- “Steel Magnolias” Opens This Weekend at Peoria Players
- Expanded Fine Art Fair Returns to Peoria Riverfront
- Peoria Symphony Kicks Off New Season with Scottish Fantasy