Officials have identified the Peoria man killed in a weekend shooting. 49-year-old Michael W. Jackson died Saturday evening at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
Some tuberculosis bacteria are harder to kill than others. Patients infected with certain drug-resistant tuberculosis strains have to take multiple antibiotics continuously for up to two years to treat the infection. Research from Washington University now shows these resistant strains share a single mutation that weakens the host immune response.
Technology continues to get closer and closer to our bodies, from the phones in our pockets to the smartwatches on our wrists. Now, for some people, it's getting under their skin. In Sweden, a country rich with technological advancement, thousands have had microchips inserted into their hands. The chips are designed to speed up users' daily routines and make their lives more convenient — accessing their homes, offices and gyms is as easy as swiping their hands against digital readers. They...
- A.I. Produced 'Portrait' Will Go Up For Auction At Christie's
- What Trump's Threat To End A U.S.-Russia Nuclear Arms Treaty Means For Putin
- Microplastics Are Turning Up Everywhere, Even In Human Excrement
- Behold The Headless Chicken Of The Deep Sea
- China To Open Mega-Bridge And Tunnel: 34 Miles Across The Water
Out and About
- Jason Vieaux Joins HFO for "Guitar Classic" This Weekend
- Peoria Big Picture Comes to the Warehouse District with Street Art, Film Festival
- “Steel Magnolias” Opens This Weekend at Peoria Players
- Expanded Fine Art Fair Returns to Peoria Riverfront
- Peoria Symphony Kicks Off New Season with Scottish Fantasy