The Peoria Police Officer who killed Luis Cruz in July has been cleared of any wrongdoing. Peoria County State’s Attorney Jerry Brady says the officer acted with justifiable and necessary force when he shot 19-year-old Luis Cruz. Brady delivered findings from the State Police investigation Thursday saying the officer was acting to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another. Officers Ryan Isonhart and Nicholas Mason were attempting to arrest Cruz for a shooting as well as a...
When the sun rose over California on Friday, it found a state substantially changed from just a week ago. A pair of wildfires, both to the north and south, have killed dozens of people, left hundreds more missing and reduced the entire community of Paradise to smoldering ash and ruin. Amid all the destruction, life goes on, albeit substantially changed. For the survivors, rescuers and volunteers involved in recovery efforts — even for people living more than 200 miles from the nearest...
- American Reportedly Killed In Flurry Of Arrows As Tribe Defends Its Island Off India
- Gobble, Gobble? U.S. Turkey Production Growth Slowed In Last Decade
- Fewer Immigrant Families Are Signing Up For Federal Food Assistance
- Optimized Prime: How AI And Anticipation Power Amazon's 1-Hour Deliveries
- Judge Strikes Down Mississippi's Ban On Abortions After 15 Weeks
Out and About
- Bradley Community Chorus and Symphony Orchestra Present a Concert of Sacred Music this Weekend
- Bradley University Theatre Blends Real and Fantasy Worlds With "She Kills Monsters"
- Eureka College Student Premieres New Play
- Caterpillar Employees Mixed Chorus Presents "Once Upon a Mattress"
- Jason Vieaux Joins HFO for "Guitar Classic" This Weekend