UPDATED 4:10 p.m. | The Catholic Church in Illinoishas been suedby four people who claim they were sexually abused by priests and that the church protected the priests by concealing the abuse.
This month marks a year since the Me Too movement went viral as a hashtag on social media ( after having first been started in 2006 by Tarana Burke. ) This week, we've been hearing from several women in Illinois whose work in government has been affected.
Former Marine Lance Cpl. Josh Onan was in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 when his Humvee was hit by a roadside bomb. "I remember laying down in the truck," Onan said. "Waking up, there's dust, there's debris all over me, and there's an Iraqi colonel who's sitting in the truck with us, and he's just screaming, screaming. I don't understand what he's saying." Onan suffered a head injury and post-traumatic stress disorder. During the next year, he was in and out of trouble with military officials, mainly...
Out and About
- Jason Vieaux Joins HFO for "Guitar Classic" This Weekend
- Peoria Big Picture Comes to the Warehouse District with Street Art, Film Festival
- “Steel Magnolias” Opens This Weekend at Peoria Players
- Expanded Fine Art Fair Returns to Peoria Riverfront
- Peoria Symphony Kicks Off New Season with Scottish Fantasy