Peoria police and the county coroner concur the Valentine's Day morning shooting on West John Gwynn Junior Avenue was a murder-suicide. The coroner says 39-year-old David Jenkins shot 30-year-old Kayla Fannon three times before taking his own life.
A federal judge imposed a gag order on Friday in the case of Republican political consultant Roger Stone. Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered that lawyers and others in the case must not talk about it publicly in ways that "pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice" and specifically they must not use the area outside court in Washington, D.C., as a venue for those kinds of statements. Jackson wrote in her order she has responsibilities to protect the ability to seat an impartial jury...
- Vatican Defrocks Former Cardinal McCarrick, Finds Him Guilty Of Sex Abuse
- U.S. Masses Aid Along Venezuelan Border As Some Humanitarian Groups Warn Of Risks
- As More Electric Cars Arrive, What's The Future For Gas-Powered Engines?
- Trump's National Emergency Sets Up Legal Fight Over Spending Authority
- Denver Teacher Strike Ends; Chicago Designer Revamps School Uniforms
Out and About
- Eureka College Presents "Pippin" This Weekend
- Peoria Symphony Celebrates "Romance" in Next Concert
- Barry Cloyd Returns to Forest Park Nature Center with Old Friends, New Music
- Something's Coming: "West Side Story" Opens Next Weekend at Peoria Players
- New Exhibits, and Vaudeville Performance, on Tap at Contemporary Art Center