WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court is declining to get involved in the corruption case against former Illinois congressman Aaron Schock.
Democrats in the Illinois House approved an increase in the state minimum wage. Assuming Gov. J.B. Pritzker signs the legislation — he's said he will — the rate will gradually climb to $15 perhour in the year 2025;
Karl Lagerfeld, the German designer who was the artistic director of Chanel and Fendi and also created his own brand, has died in Paris. For years, Lagerfeld sought to obscure his age; he was reportedly 85. Lagerfeld worked with some of fashion's biggest design houses, showing a knack for reinventing classic styles with innovative flourishes. In the process, he brought Fendi to new heights in the 1960s and revamped Chanel after being named that brand's director in the 1980s. Chanel announced...
- Seeking To Bounce Back From Nassar Fallout, USA Gymnastics Names New President
- In Spain, Far-Right Populists Rise On Anti-Separatist Sentiment
- Houston Police To Cease 'No Knock' Warrants, Chief Announces After Deadly Raid
- Trump Pushes Ahead With 'Space Force' Despite Hurdles
- Andrew McCabe: FBI Investigations Into Trump 'Were Extraordinary Steps'
Out and About
- Eureka College Presents "Pippin" This Weekend
- Peoria Symphony Celebrates "Romance" in Next Concert
- Barry Cloyd Returns to Forest Park Nature Center with Old Friends, New Music
- Something's Coming: "West Side Story" Opens Next Weekend at Peoria Players
- New Exhibits, and Vaudeville Performance, on Tap at Contemporary Art Center