If you want to see a bridge demolition head to Spring Valley Wednesday morning. The Illinois Department of Transportation will implode the remaining three trusses of old Illinois 89. Weather permitting, river and pedestrian traffic will close at 7:30 a.m. Vehicular traffic on the new Illinois 89 bridge closes at 8:00 a.m. Nearby properties will be temporarily evacuated including the Spring Valley Boat Club, Barto Landing, ADM and Cargill. The road is expected to reopen at 10:00 a.m. The river...
The future of Peoria Public Radio is changing. The station must move before its home in Bradley University’s Jobst Hall is demolished next year. The school says it’s looking for a new partnership for WCBU. Bradley owns the station’s operating license and the staff members are university employees. That’s how they ended up in the annual end-of-summer staff assembly Tuesday where President Gary Roberts made the announcement. University officials say it was not a public event, so Roberts’...
- Festivals, Parades to Mark Illinois' 200th Constitution Day
- Local GOP Picks Disgraced Illinois Lawmaker's Replacement
- Police Say Chicago Teen Killed Himself; Family Denies Story
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice Says Government, Not Church, Should Investigate Catholic Sex Abuse
- New Law To Address Police Officers' Mental Health
As a nation, we could do a better job at taking time off. About half of full-time workers recently surveyed by the U.S. Travel Association didn't take all the paid vacation days they earned last year. More than 700 million vacation days went unused, and we forfeited about 200 million of those days — when vacation benefits didn't roll over. On average, American workers took almost six fewer vacation days than we earned. If you're among this group, you could be missing out on some of the...
- Donald Trump's Longtime Attorney Michael Cohen Reaches Plea Deal With Feds
- Tiny House In The Florida Keys Brings Hope To A Workforce Still Displaced
- Inmates Plan To Hold Weeks-Long Strike At Prisons Across U.S.
- Paul Manafort Jury Asks For Instructions About Consensus On 1 Charge
- Survivor Of Acid Attack Helps Bring Change To Nepal's Criminal Code
Out and About
- New Exhibits on Display at Wheels O' Time Museum
- Ignite! Peoria Seeks to Spark Creativity This Weekend
- Regional Premiere of "Newsies" Coming to Corn Stock Theatre
- Peoria Playhouse Hosts Artist in Residence to Create Original Work of Art
- Illinois Art League Features the Work of its Members in New Exhibit