Stateville Calling is a documentary about parole reform and its effect on aging prisoners. The film follows 84-year-old activist Bill Ryan as he works to pass legislation reinstating parole in Illinois, which the state hasn’t had since 1978. Screenings are taking place around the state. Reporter Dana Vollmer talked with Director Ben Kolak and Producer Yana Kunichoff ahead of a March 26 screening in Springfield.
Updated at 12:30 p.m. ET That is not one small step for women. History was supposed to be made Friday when, for the first time, two female astronauts were scheduled to do a spacewalk together outside the International Space Station. However, one of the astronauts was switched out this week because of a lack of "spacesuit availability." NASA astronaut Anne McClain had trained in both medium- and large-sized upper torsos — what NASA calls "the shirt of the spacesuit." But last week, she wore a...
- North Korean Embassy Attack Suspects Fled To U.S., Spanish Court Says
- Kavanaugh Seems Conflicted On Partisan Gerrymandering At Supreme Court Arguments
- Bump Stock Ban Takes Effect As Gun Rights Groups Ask Supreme Court For Delay
- Purdue Pharma Agrees To $270 Million Opioid Settlement With Oklahoma
- Trump's National Emergency Stands As House Fails To Override Veto
Out and About
- Bradley International Print and Drawing Exhibition Returns to Venues Across Peoria
- Peoria Players Opens Its Production of "Dreamgirls"
- Youth Music Illinois Presents "Musical Masquerade" Tonight
- WTVP's "State and Water" Program Hosts Double CD Release Event
- Eureka College Presents "Pippin" This Weekend