It was a good day to be a Democrat in Illinois as Governor J.B. Pritzker was sworn in on Monday along with a diverse group of statewide office holders. In his inaugural speech, Pritzker set the stage for an ambitious progressive agenda in the upcoming legislative session. But, the Democratic governor along with a Democratic majority in the General Assembly have their work cut out for them.
Springfield's Prairie Heart Institute has joined with University of Chicago Medicine to strengthen heart care for patients in central and southern Illinois.
By definition, whiskey is a grain spirit. And until now, that "grain" has been limited by federal law to four specific crops: corn, wheat, rye and barley. So when Darek Bell, founder of Corsair Distillery in Nashville, Tenn., wanted to start experimenting with alternatives, there wasn't really a playbook to follow. "We started looking at a whole lot of grains that were coming out of sort of the health food movement, the green movement," Bell said. "We're thinking, 'What would it taste like to...
- Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown Moves Closer To Joining 2020 Campaign
- Massachusetts Attorney General Implicates Family Behind Purdue Pharma In Opioid Deaths
- Honduran Caravan Crosses Guatemala, Traveling Toward U.S.
- From A Cell To A Home: Ex-Inmates Find Stability With Innovative Program
- Veterans Claiming Illness From Burn Pits Lose Court Fight
Out and About
- HFO Greets 2019 with a Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald
- 22VA Art Exhibit Showcases Art By Veterans, Calls Attention to Veteran Suicides
- Nitsch Theatre Arts Offers Unique Performance Experience for Students
- Peoria Players Theatre Presents "Christmas One-Acts"
- "Sing It Yourself Messiah" Returns to First Federated Church